Monday, September 9, 2013

Hero of my life

The Hero of my life

The word “hero” means a lot to me. When I was about seven or eight, the only hero I could think of was spider man since he was the only superhero I’d ever seen. My brother and I were obsessed with spider man. We loved the way he shoots his spider web and how he changes from a Peter Parker to a world saving hero spider man. As I age, I began to realize that there’s no one in the world who can save the entire human race. Even Barack Obama couldn't help all the Americans. Gandhi, the spiritual leader of India, still influences numbers of people but it can’t help all the men in the world. My definition of “hero” now has changed from 7 year old. Although heroes cannot change or influence the entire human race, if they influenced you, so they are heroes.

Obama is a hero, Gandhi is a hero, and Martin Luther King Jr. is a hero to me because they influenced me through their speeches, words, and wisdom. However, over this three well known heroes, there is my seventh grade science teacher, Mrs. Jamison. Unlike Obama, Gandhi, or King, she is not very influential to the world. However, she is a wonderful teacher who I respect and learned from. For me hero doesn't have to save the entire planet; if a person is influencing me in a positive way, they are my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment